JACKSONVILLE ENT SURGERY: WELCOME
Dr. Charles C. Greene, a prominent Board Certified Jacksonville ENT physician and surgeon, specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of ear, nose and throat disease and related disorders affecting the head and neck.
When you visit Jacksonville ENT Surgery, our doctors will carefully listen to your description of symptoms, answer all of your pertinent questions and outline an individualized treatment plan that includes the latest ear, nose & throat surgery, plastic & reconstructive surgery or non-surgical options. We've included additional website links and menu options to assist you in navigating our site for additional information about your specific problems. You can also visit our Meet the Doctors page to learn more about Dr. Charles C. Greene and our friendly staff of ENT specialists.
Jacksonville ENT Surgery and the doctors' offices are located at 11512 Lake Mead Avenue, suites 531 and 536, with satellite locations at 4131 University Boulevard South Building 18, Family Care Partners of Arlington and Children's Medical Center. We provide caring environments where you and your family will receive the latest in ENT treatments and surgery. Dr. Greene is recognized as a expert in identifying the cause of ENT disorders. Once you've had a thorough ENT exam, they can outline your options for treatment and care. To learn more about common ear problems, nasal problems and throat diseases that our doctors treat, click on any of the links below:
EAR SURGERY AND TREATMENT OF ENT PROBLEMS
- Dizziness or Vestibular Testing - Dizziness is a frustrating event for those who suffer from the troubling symptoms of vertigo. Dr. Greene will perform balance testing to aid his diagnosis as to what is disturbing the natural function of your inner ear. Loss of balance and other balance problems should be addressed with an ENT doctor.
- Hearing Loss or Audiology - If you are struggling with hearing loss, consider making an appointment to discuss your specific hearing problem with an ENT physician. Jacksonville ENT Surgery can help you find the right hearing treatment program or corrective ear surgery to correct your problem. If you have noticed you've become hard of hearing, contact our office to schedule an ear examination and hearing test.
- Ear Infections - We specialize in the treatment of outer and middle ear infections. If you or your child is suffering from recurrent ear infections, ear discharge, ear pain, fluid in the ears or "swimmers ear," Jacksonville ENT Surgery and Dr. Greene will provide the best medical or surgical treatments for your problem. If you or a loved one is suffering from ear infections, contact our office today to schedule an appointment.
- Ringing in the Ears (Tinnitus) - It is estimated that 20 million Americans suffer from ringing in the ears. Some patients don't describe tinnitus as a ringing sound but may compare it to chirping like crickets, an electrical hum, popping, crackling or even an overwhelming roar. Dr. Greene conducts physical tests to determine the cause of nerve interference or damage to the inner ear.
- Tonsillectomy and Adenoid Surgery - Although many individuals have their tonsils removed and adenoids removed as pediatric patients, some adult ENT patients suffer from inflamed soft tissue that cause the patient to suffer from a chronic sore throat or ENT infection. A common throat surgery (tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy) can produce permanent relief for adult and pediatric patients with throat infections.
NOSE SURGERY AND TREATMENT OF ENT PROBLEMS
- Allergy or Allergic Rhinitis - One out of every five Americans suffer from an allergic rhinitis that often interferes with their ability to rest and leads to a loss of productivity. When left untreated, rhinitis can lead to sinus infection (sinusitis), ear infection or sore throat. Dr. Greene can outline an effective allergy treatment program for adult and pediatric ENT patients.
- Balloon Sinuplasty - Balloon sinuplasty combines the traditional techniques of sinus surgery with the latest surgical technology to allow an ENT physician to perform less-invasive but corrective sinus surgery that requires less post-operative care. Sinus surgery can improve sinus drainage and help control chronic sinusitis and other sinus infections.
- Pediatric ENT - Jacksonville ENT Surgery and Dr. Greene always work closely with our younger patient's primary care physician to provide the best solution for the child's ENT problem. If Dr. Greene believes a young patient might just outgrow their stuffy nose, ear infections, fluid in the ears, post nasal drip and other ENT problems, he will recommend interim treatments for the pediatric patient.
- Septoplasty - Nasal septoplasty is an ENT surgery used to correct anatomic deformity or a deviated septum. Cosmetic enhancement of the nose is incidental as the medical procedure is intended to correct nasal airway obstruction and facilitate proper nasal function. Nose surgery is often performed by an ENT doctor to correct a nasal problem after a nose injury.
- Snoring - Snoring affects the lives of millions of people of all ages and can be caused by numerous problems. Male and female patients can benefit from a consultation with Dr. Greene to discuss their snoring. A quick ENT exam can often reveal a nasal obstruction, swollen throat tissue or sinus congestion that may be contributing to the blocked airway.
THROAT SURGERY AND TREATMENT OF ENT PROBLEMS
- Dry Mouth or Salivary Gland Disorders - Dry mouth can be a recurrent problem with adults and children. When the flow of saliva is insufficient, the cause can be from glandular swelling, medications, foods, other medical treatments or common stress-related disorders. Dry mouth and dry throat can lead to more serious ENT symptoms like hoarseness and sore throat.
- Pediatric ENT - Younger patients tend to suffer with many of the same throat problems that adult patients face. Dr. Greene will often prescribe antibiotics, decongestants, allergy medications or cognitive therapy for their stuffy nose, ear infections, fluid in the ears, post nasal drip or speech related problems.
- Speech Disorders and Fiberoptic Laryngoscopy - Most individuals depend on their speech for their livelihood and to accomplish tasks in their lives on a daily basis. If you or a member of your family suffer from chronic dry throat or hoarseness, you should consider making an appointment with Jacksonville ENT Surgery to discuss your throat problems.
- Sleep Apnea and Surgery - If you wake suddenly during the night, choking or gasping for air, or if you suffer from daytime drowsiness, fatigue, or poor concentration, you may suffer from a sleep disorder known as sleep apnea. Obstructive sleep apnea poses many health threats to those who suffer from the disorder. Treatment options for Sleep Apnea include: Diet and Exercise, Tonsillectomy, Removal or reduction of excess throat tissue, and tongue advancement procedures. Jacksonville ENT can recommend the best corrective procedure or treatment to control your sleep apnea.
- Adenoid Surgery - In children, age 4 and over, removal of adenoid tissue (adenoidectomy) has been shown to reduce the rate of recurrent ear infections. In this age group, adenoidectomy is frequently performed at the same time as ear tube surgery. In addition to improving Eustachian tube function, adenoidectomy can also reduce nasal congestion and improve breathing in children.
HEAD & NECK SURGERY AND TREATMENT OF ENT PROBLEMS
ENT doctors specialize in the treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck including thyroid, parathyroid, lymph node, oral cavity, and salivary gland tumors. If you have noticed unusual swelling of your face or neck or if you have noticed an abnormal growth in your mouth, contact Jacksonville ENT Surgery today.
- Thyroid Surgery - Throat surgery to remove all or part of the thyroid gland is a common ENT procedure. When performed by a Board Certified ENT surgeon, throat surgery has a high success rate and is considered to be quite safe. See "Thyroid Surgery" on the Throat Surgery page of this website for more information regarding the numerous conditions where this ENT surgery is recommended.
PLASTIC & RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY FOR ENT DISORDERS
- Distraction Osteogenesis - This maxillofacial surgery is used for correction of micrognathia, midface, and fronto-orbital hypoplasia in patients with craniofacial deformities.
- Endoscopic & Open Cranial Vault Reconstruction - Corrective procedure to change the growth pattern of the skull when the fibrous sutures in an infant skull prematurely fuses by ossification.
- Comprehensive Care for Vascular Malformations Correction of birthmarks caused by hemangiomas and venous or lymphatic anomalies.
- Endoscopic Resection Surgery - Resection of orbital and periorbital tumors. Surgical rebuild of the affected eyelid and surrounding facial structures.
- Skin Cancer & Nevus Surgery - Laser treatments for skin lesions and birthmarks such as Port Wine stains.
It is important to consult an ENT doctor if you suspect that you or a family member may be suffering from an ear, nose or throat problem that causes an unordinary level of discomfort or dysfunction. Hearing problems, sinus infections, vertigo, rhinitis, inner ear infection, tinnitus, deviated septum, dry mouth, dizziness, and loss of balance, snoring and other ENT disorders can interfere with an individual's ability to perform daily activities. If left untreated, a nagging ear, nose or throat problem can lead to more permanent damage. Jacksonville ENT Surgery offers a broad range of options for quality medical and surgical treatment for problems related to the head and neck. In addition, Dr. Greene, Dr. Roy and the very qualified staff of Jacksonville ENT Surgery work closely with our ear, nose and throat patients who may be considering a procedure for facial plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery in conjunction with an ENT surgery. If you have questions for Dr. Greene, simply click on the CALL NOW feature at the top of any web page to speak with a member of our staff at Jacksonville ENT Surgery.